IVF as a diabetic

Puddingbutts

Hi All,

I have today been told that I am unable to conceive naturally and will be referred for IVF (NHS).

My question is has any been referred for IVF on the NHS and what HBA1C did they require for funding approval (I'm aware this will differ slightly depending on CCG).

I have many conditions so feel they will refuse my funding.

Just after experiences really

hughinoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,

I have today been told that I am unable to conceive naturally and will be referred for IVF (NHS).

My question is has any been referred for IVF on the NHS and what HBA1C did they require for funding approval (I'm aware this will differ slightly depending on CCG).

I have many conditions so feel they will refuse my funding.

Just after experiences really
Hi

Don't know if too late to answer but just saw this. I am type 2 & was diagnosed during prelims tests for ivf & I had to put ivf on hold few months but when we resumed my HBAC1 was between 50 to 60(can't remember exact as over 2years ago)

I now have 21month old LB after 1st ivf cycle success. I even think bg issues may have been linked to fertility issues so who knows.

I hope you are doing OK & fingers crossed for you

CathytheChef

I have T1D and the fertility clinic told me I would need an HbA1c below 42% but my gp wrote to them and explained I have T1D and my HbA1c of 46 was acceptable for pregnancy, and they accepted that - it's always worth going back and trying to make your case xx

Reactions: myarnton1