Ivor Cummins presentation at London Cardiology Conference 2017

Biggles2

Here is the link to Ivor Cummins' presentation to the British Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (BACPR) 2017 annual conference yesterday:

It is 25 minutes long and well worth watching. It is fascinating to see how a different discipline (according to this clip, he is a chemical engineer with an almost 30 years professional background in complex problem solving) approaches the complex metabolic problem that is Type 2 Diabetes.
"No-one has all the answers, no-one has a monopoly on the truth. It is by discussing and debating the science that we will progress against the enormous disease burden our society faces." Ivor Cummins​

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
This is the first vid I've seen in which TOFIs are mentioned, something I have been struggling to understand. Ihope to hear more about it as time goes on. Great vid, thanks for posting.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ivor has started posting presentations by others at the conference (warning, the sound could be better):

Dr David Unwin:

Dr Asseem Malhotra:

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This should be pinned somewhere...
upload_2017-10-10_11-46-20.png

FatEmperor

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the first vid I've seen in which TOFIs are mentioned, something I have been struggling to understand. Ihope to hear more about it as time goes on. Great vid, thanks for posting.

Hi Guzzler - here's some more on the different types including TOFI :

And here's the detailed version:

Best

Ivor

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Guzzler - here's some more on the different types including TOFI :

And here's the detailed version:

Best

Ivor

I can't thank you enough for the first video. Having seen Ivor's presentation on cholesterol and now this presentation on Insulin I have become a firm fan. Apart from his gorgeous Irish brogue his lectures cut straight to the chase in manner that is easy to understand even by an ill educated laywoman such as myself.

I now have a better description than TOFI, I am a MONW which tells me why it took so long for dx. However, I am no longer concerned by cholesterol (Not that I was overly concerned anyway) and instead will take more notice of GGT, Ferritin and cholesterol ratios. Short break, then on to second video. Thank again.

Reactions: FatEmperor

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Indy51 said:
@Guzzler - Fat Emperor is a 'nom de plume' of Ivor's so that was him posting the videos for you :)
Oh dear! Perhaps I should not have mentioned the 'gorgeous Irish brogue'? :bored:

Thanks for the heads up.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On Ivor's twitter feed today, he posted a very funny Youtube video on Scottish accents and voice recognition:

(I hope he doesn't think I'm a stalker ;) )

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ahem, Mr Cummins. Sorry about the mix up there. The second video raises the need, for me, to read more on the the metabolic system so as to understand better the substances involved. This may take a while....

Thank you for taking the time to post, much appreciated.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
On Ivor's twitter feed today, he posted a very funny Youtube video on Scottish accents and voice recognition:

(I hope he doesn't think I'm a stalker ;) )

Freeeeeedom! :D

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahem, Mr Cummins. Sorry about the mix up there. The second video raises the need, for me, to read more on the the metabolic system so as to understand better the substances involved. This may take a while....

Thank you for taking the time to post, much appreciated.
I'm sure he'll be charmed..

FatEmperor

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear! Perhaps I should not have mentioned the 'gorgeous Irish brogue'? :bored:

Thanks for the heads up.
Ha no prob Guzzler - I mostly get abuse (from high-carbers, vegetarians and pharma goons - so any respite is welcome...! :)