Jacket Spud Question

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all!

How can I work out how much carb is in a Jacket Spud? I have forgotten the formula.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Love jacket spuds too! :D

A jacket potato is 25.2g per 100g, so say your spud weighed 130g, to work out the carb value you:

Take the carb value of 25.2g and divide by 100, then multiply this by the weight of your potato which is 130g which will give you total carb value.

So: 25.2 / 100g x 130g=32.76g of carbs.

Hope the above is clear for you!

Nigel

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's brilliant Nigel, thanks! :mrgreen:
Love a spud with cottage cheese!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
candi-girl said:
That's brilliant Nigel, thanks! :mrgreen:
Love a spud with cottage cheese!

No problem!

A little tip to get the skin crispy, rub some extra virgin olive oil into the skin prior to placing in the oven................delicious! :D

Nigel

Ragnar

Hmm.

Is this any use for you? It seems to cover just about every food you can think of;

http://www.invive.com/calorie.html

The only thing I sometimes find irritating about it, is that the food is measured U.S/Imperial, but all else is in metric. (Bit like my spell checker! :? )

If they had had MY maths teacher at school, they would not be able to sit down for a year!

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ragnar said:
Hmm.

Is this any use for you? It seems to cover just about every food you can think of;

http://www.invive.com/calorie.html

The only thing I sometimes find irritating about it, is that the food is measured U.S/Imperial, but all else is in metric. (Bit like my spell checker! :? )

If they had had MY maths teacher at school, they would not be able to sit down for a year!

Thanks! Bit late I know but great link.