Jardiance - any good news stories out there?

Sp00n

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well it came across that way dawnmc. Not everyone has the success that others have tackling diabetes with LCHF and those that do don't like this pointing out sometimes... if I ate high fat and took Metformin I threw up constantly. Continued to LCHF on Jardiance etc and I was in constant pain and indigestion. So its a no from me. I am being very defensive because LCHF gets touted as 'the cure' and yes it has helped lots of people but it has not helped me. I am putting this out there on this forum in case there are folks like me who are at their wits end because the orthodoxy talked about on here doesn't give them the promised 'cure'.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not sure what this means, so I am guessing not

It's the insulin that your body naturally produces.
T1's produce little if any
The other variants of T1 - LADA MODY produce some but not usually enough.

Classic T2's produce a lot but are resistant to it.

If your body isn't producing enough then you will have the problems you are describing. It's hard to get it tested in the UK as most doctors don't consider it and are happy to diagnose based on age and HbA1c .

The best way is to ask for a c-peptide test then you can see how much you are producing personally.

Reactions: Sp00n

Sp00n

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's the insulin that your body naturally produces.
T1's produce little if any
The other variants of T1 - LADA MODY produce some but not usually enough.

Classic T2's produce a lot but are resistant to it.

If your body isn't producing enough then you will have the problems you are describing. It's hard to get it tested in the UK as most doctors don't consider it and are happy to diagnose based on age and HbA1c .

The best way is to ask for a c-peptide test then you can see how much you are producing personally.

Thanks for explaining - I've been told I'm insulin resistant by my gynecologist (have the classic symptoms according to them) so I presume I'm just VERY resistant!! :-D Anywy will keep on taking the pills and ask about that test if the levels don't go down. Back to prick testing again in the meantime. Pretty much consistently 11 at the moment. *sigh*

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thanks for explaining - I've been told I'm insulin resistant by my gynecologist (have the classic symptoms according to them) so I presume I'm just VERY resistant!! :-D Anywy will keep on taking the pills and ask about that test if the levels don't go down. Back to prick testing again in the meantime. Pretty much consistently 11 at the moment. *sigh*
lchf, doesn't work for me either. Not in the way its touted, but then eating carbs is one of the worst things for me too.

Sp00n

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lchf, doesn't work for me either. Not in the way its touted, but then eating carbs is one of the worst things for me too.

I know that one! Though some carbs don't have much effect e.g. beans sometimes but not all the time. For example, I went out for an afternoon tea as a treat the other week and my evening reading was the lowest it had been all week, but I had lentil soup a few weeks before and it was sky high. Add hormones into the mix and it will reach 20 the day my period starts. So annoying!

Sp00n

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Update went to DN as 80mg Gliclizide not working, now been upped to 120 mg a day for 2 weeks and if BG still in teens, try 160mg a day. If still not going down after that its back to the GP. 'Gliptins' have been touted, or maybe a trip to a diabetic consultant if all fails. Wish me luck!

Sp00n

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another update, a year or so later! Now on gliclazide, alogliptin and have started the Lyxumia jab every morning (on inital dose 'green pen' at the moment) Latest HBA1C is in the 90s and BG readings are high - regularly getting 20s now. Have been referred to the Endocrinologist but have been told its a 13 week + waiting time, so not holding my breath. GP starting me on Lyxumia to see if it gives me any control in the meantime but said they can't put me on insulin until I've seen a consultant. Have been having some massive weight swings, the net result being I can't lose weight without stopping eating altogether, which of course is not advisable on these medications and is not great for my eating disorder.