Geminigirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spicy food
Hi all,

I am just waiting for my Kidney & Urine tests to come back before I start Jardiance in conjunction with a lower dose of my Glimeperimide.

Am a bit nervous of this drug as most of the reviews I have read seem to indicate it is a terrible drug, or likely to kill me in the long term!!! Thanks Dr Google!

I am hoping anyone on this can give me an honest review of their experience and whether it is inevitable I will suffer constant water infections & thrush!

Someone on another site actually accused Jardiance in the long term as a cause of Kidney failure!

I hate all this info because it scares the hell out of you tbh.

Thanks in anticipation. I posted on the questions forum but no one seems to be answering!

Chris. X

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Geminigirl,
I'm on Jardiance, and the only noticable side effect I've had is the thrush you mention. I haven't had it in a while, but I suspect that has to do with my BG-levels being vastly improved, as thrush feeds on sugar, as far as I know. My BG levels improved, not because of the Jardiance, but because of my changed diet, I believe.
I wouldn't know anything of the long term effects, as I only started taking it last autumn, but like you I'm not keen. In late March my dosis was doubled to 20mg, but some days ago I decided to go back to the 10mg again. I'm keeping a close eye on my BG to see if I notice a negative effect.
Anyway, my kidneys are still fine, as of March 2018. I hope that helped?

rfe3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started Jardiance about 2 months ago when I moved from the UK to Germany. The Dr.'s here seem to prefer it over Gliclazide that I was on in the UK. I too read the horror stories and was almost put off by them, but 2 months in and I haven't noticed any effects other than my BG levels went up by about .5mmol. I have started using the Keytone test strips about every 2 weeks just to keep an eye out for anything. The Dr. here said they dont prescribe Gliclazide very often anymore because the Pancreas has a finite ammount of Insulin that should last a lifetime. Gliclazide long term causes this finite supply to be used up quicker....Wether or not it's true I don't know, but it sounded reasonable to me.