Jardiance

speedboy21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

Prescribed this in December and finding I am drinking the amount I did before I was diagnosed diabetic. Up to 9:30 this morning I have drank 6 pints of water and a coffee. I am also Urinating for Britain. I also wake up with a mouth so dry I have to peel my tongue off the roof of my mouth. Is this normal please???

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Yeah I guess, although your symptoms do sound pretty extreme, you are basically peeing out sugar, I am not technical but I believe your kidneys refuse to absorb glucose so you pee it out, I found it a great drug for reducing my BG and as my bg came down, the peeing/drinking decreased.

I took the extra peeing to be a positive thing

I am no expert though

speedboy21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Yeah I guess, although your symptoms do sound pretty extreme, you are basically peeing out sugar, I am not technical but I believe your kidneys refuse to absorb glucose so you pee it out, I found it a great drug for reducing my BG and as my bg came down, the peeing/drinking decreased.

I took the extra peeing to be a positive thing

I am no expert though

Thanks that is good its not just happening to me. I will continue as I am.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Keep a close eye, you may be more prone to urinary tract infections and Thrush while taking this drug.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The less suger you put in, the less you will pea out...... Renumber thst all carbs turn to suger when you eat them.

Sp00n

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been taking Jardiance for nearly a week and started yesterday with a feeling of needing to go to the toilet all the time - like before an attack of cystitis. Wondering if this will wear off or just get worse. Sugars not down much either.