1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Jasmine Green Tea.

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Suzieblue, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Suzieblue

Suzieblue Type 2 · Member

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me what benefits this has in relation to ordinary green tea and also is there any difference if I drink it cold rather than hot ?

many thanks.

2. Winnie53

Winnie53 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I drink one or more cups of Jasmine Blossom Green Tea every day immediately following lunch to curb cravings. I like how it tastes. Not sure if I've ever had green tea, so can't compare. I drink it hot. Curious as to whether or not it offers additional benefits now that you've asked the question.

3. Suzieblue

Suzieblue Type 2 · Member

Thanks Winnie, I really can't notice a difference in the taste between them, I just know I prefer it chilled....

• Like Like x 1
  4. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Health benefit wise I wouldn't imagine it would make any difference at all, personal preference whether you prefer to drink it hot or cold.

I've drank green tea for years, prefer it warm but if it goes cold its still a refreshing drink (as I'd imagine Jasmine Green Tea is).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drob16

Drob16 · Newbie

Jasmine Tea should have the same benefits as the green tea (or black tea) from which it is made - since it is a blend of Jasmine blossoms with say green tea. I understand the health benefits will be identical hot or cold.

6. kokhongw

kokhongw I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Drob16 This is a pretty old thread...

Still, for glucose control, I typically drink raw puer tea.

But those interested in tea might find this writeup on Jasmine tea interesting...
    https://hojotea.com.my/posts-193/

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook