Jason Fung's Complete Guide to Fasting

JenniferG

Another question. I already own/read Obesity Code and have read some of his stuff on his website/blog.

Just wondering if it is worthwhile to purchase this book as well. Would I get much from it?

Reactions: Guzzler

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have both books and while the fasting one goes into more detail on fasting, I think you can get the essential information from his website and the relevant sections of the obesity code.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another question. I already own/read Obesity Code and have read some of his stuff on his website/blog.

Just wondering if it is worthwhile to purchase this book as well. Would I get much from it?

I have both and it really depends on what you want to get out of them. The core science is the same but the complete guide obviously contains more on the fasting protocols which is missing from the obesity code. I need to re-read them I must admit as it was a while ago. Also because I am impatient I bought both books on kindle but I would recommend getting print versions as it would be really useful to be able to flick through for specifics which I find really hard on a kindle. See if Amazon has any used offers unfortunately in the UK they are the same price as new but I will buy both in the print form.

david1241

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
doctors and dentists.I would not be rude to any.Also i don't like being taken for granted.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The print version is one of the best book design I have seen with much clearer graphics and layout than his blog. The writing is also easyer to read as it as clearly been work on by a skilled copy editor.

However I expect that given time and effort you could get all the information from his blogs.

david1241

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
doctors and dentists.I would not be rude to any.Also i don't like being taken for granted.
hello i bought Dr.Jason Fung's A Complete Guide to Fasting book 6 months ago i thought it was money well spent.I went on his 24 hour fasting diet every other day.I lost 2st.10 lbs.in weight dropped my fasting blood sugar readings from 11.8 mm/l to 16mm/l down to 4.0 mm/l to 5.6 mm/l.They have remained in that range for 5 months.i can eat sweet stuff without raising my BG too much it goes down fast anyway.i consider myself diabetic free.i feel that much better.i didn't realise how **** i felt before.I had diabetes 5/6 years before the so called doctors told me about it.despite having routine 6 monthlyblood tests and blood pressure checks.Still i'm ok now.