jelly babes and a night time low

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just a word of warning
few night ago i woke up check my Libre freestyle about 3 am in the morning said 3.7 blood sugar so i tried 2 jelly babys guess what after about 10 mins could not clear my throat so got up a go down stairs ,
as not to wake my wife had a cup of coffee still not clear go back up to bed .
strart to cough again so back down look on internet can of coke then after what seemed and an hour go back to bed settled down 2 hours later

that it for me....... back to lucozade not as sweet but i hope not to get caught out coughing
just a small point we all learn
have a good week
vic insulin long long time

D

Deleted Account

Sorry to read about your jelly baby problems.
I hope you checked your Libre reading with a f her prick before treating the low. Libre are renowned to read low when pressure is applied such as when you lie on it in your sleep.

If you return to Lucozade, bear in mind it has less sugar than it used to have due to the sugar tax.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HA HA love the bit about the man baby s
yes agree with you on libre but this reading is always 1 unit higher than a finger prick to be honest.
know as even when i go low need to do something fast can just tell at night do not ask me how think it is to do with senses
hearing and eye sight damm job to see as still half asleep .
and 30 years back i suffered with the SIGMOG EFFECT for over 5 years till the pump came along
thanks on the Lucozade effect had taken that on board also now go 2 tea spoons of sugar in warm water for fast recovery
have a good day ..
sad news week a young person of 40 we known since he was 6 died at home on his own no time to phone to let his folks no he was unwell we assume he had heart problems as did prior to event
so everyone enjoy life as well as you can if you did see D I Y SOS LAST NIGHT we must all try to help as that guy in MILDNHALL did no deserve THAT what a hero the wife and daughter are good luck to them all
HAVE A GOOD DAY VIC 64 years on insulin