Jentadueto

Nik442

Hello,

Not posted on here for a long while.

Had a bad review recently and my daily 4 x 500mg of Metformin has now been replaced with Jentadueto, twice a day. Anyone else had experience of Jentadueto? Still early days but seems to be supressing my appetite, although I weigh 11st so weary of losing weight.

I was also told my reviews are now annual and not six months as I'd not been called in since last June and I had to call the surgery to arrange the appointment this time. Said a year is too long as I tend to lose focus but didn't get anywhere. As the review didn't go well I'm back in next month for another HBAC test. Is annual review what others are on?

Thanks
Nik

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am supposed to be on 6 monthly but have to chase them up!!! Before I retired I was a biochemist so tend to manage myself although I do have the odd lapse!!! Mainly because I am on such a strict diet that there is so little I can eat without my glucose going way too high. I have so far resisted taking another drug after initially starting on two. I have to look up the research papers of anything I take and when I retired and had time to do my research I immediately stopped taking the other drug and am just on metformin.
Don't think I could take Jentadueto as I am already classed as borderline "critically under weight" (I was normal weight when diagnosed and lost one and three quarter stones when I cut the carbs/sugar). Fortunately after the initial weight loss I seem to have bottomed out at 7 stones.
Hope the new drug works for you and if your bloods aren't good I would ask to have a 6 monthly review.