Joe Wick's Lean in 15 minutes books

Dave Russell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Broccoli, Cauliflower and Cabbage
A neighbour let us (my wife and I) borrow a Joe Wick's Lean in 15 minutes book. Have to say we have been super impressed and bought the collection.

Most recipes serve one but a serving is ample between both of us, give or take a few more veg.

The recipes are euick to prepare and cook.

It a bit of a mix across the series, but many are low-carb. Although, it's a work-out book so includes high carb too - although, what i like is that's it's very clear, by section or labelled.

Sections include specific reduced-carb and also section for on snacks. Again, the sections and recipes are clearly labelled.

Low-carb recipes are typically (and maybe only a bit of variation)...

- Tandoori Sea Bass. Includes walnuts, olive oil, greek yoghurt, spring onions and spinach.

- Pork chop, Feta and Beetroot. Includes hazelnut, spring onion, olive oil, avacado, and spinach.

- My Little Tree Soup. Stock and onions with brocilli, kale, tofu, spinach, brazil nuts.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What sort of recipes? Is he promoting the calories in / calories out approach?

Gloomraider

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
JWs typical program is 90 days

The first 30 days consists of 3 reduced-carbohydrate (but very tasty) meals, plus 2 healthy snacks, combined with fat-burning HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) sessions of 15-25 minutes, 4-5 times a week.

The next 30 days introduces some resistance training into the HIIT sessions - Food-wise you're now having 2 reduced-carb meals, 2 healthy snacks and a post-workout carbohydrate refuel meal.

The last 30 days is about embedding the program as a healthy lifestyle.

No gym membership required. There are plenty of his free home workouts on YouTube for every level.

I'm 2 weeks in to the first phase and I've lost 2kg / 5lbs so far, feel great and my blood sugars are in control (between 5 and 7) for the first time in over 18 months.

Reactions: MrsA2 and Speedbird