Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi all, Happy new year! :)

Has anyone experienced joint pain with their diabetes? My hips in particular are really bad.

I was diagnosed in September, am on Metformin and am 46.

Always seek your GP advice is best, with concerns like this, we promote here .

None of us here - are medically trained or qualified .

Reactions: 3 people

Glenn46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some people have said tennis elbow but I do have the numbness in my hand which make me think that Jack may be right.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
it might be worth looking up metabolic syndrome
some also think that insulin resistance has inflammatory response to carbs and can even trigger arthritis

That's actually very interesting, as I have a lot of joint pain at times, especially in the mornings on rising. Since starting alpha diet this has subsided greatly

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some people have said tennis elbow but I do have the numbness in my hand which make me think that Jack may be right.
I was guessing what it could be, but I was "right" to tell you to go to a dr/neurologist and get it checked out, I had a steroid injection into the nerve with mine

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's actually very interesting, as I have a lot of joint pain at times, especially in the mornings on rising. Since starting alpha diet this has subsided greatly
I think going by what I have read...carbs are toxic to a metabolic resistant T2 and causes a lot of inflamation and many diseases
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0zD1gj0pXk
upload_2015-1-5_11-43-49.png

the alpha diet seems to run along similar lines to the LCHF too, the only thing I would watch on both diets is fruit
http://nutramed.com/alpha/index.htm

Reactions: 4 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I think going by what I have read...carbs are toxic to a metabolic resistant T2 and causes a lot of inflamation and many diseases
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0zD1gj0pXk
View attachment 10482
the alpha diet seems to run along similar lines to the LCHF too, the only thing I would watch on both diets is fruit
http://nutramed.com/alpha/index.htm

Haha, oh Dear! I had meantime say lchf diet, but predictive text changed it to alpha! I have had a look at the alpha diet - never heard of it before! - and it looks pretty interesting :)

And you are right, I'm learning carbs are toxic for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha, oh Dear! I had meantime say lchf diet, but predictive text changed it to alpha! I have had a look at the alpha diet - never heard of it before! - and it looks pretty interesting :)

And you are right, I'm learning carbs are toxic for me.
I had to google it too and just saw that it excluded food is glutens and milk but the fats are ok, sounds like low carb higher fats :)

Reactions: 2 people

Nobbyk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi All

i'm a Newbie here but so encouraged by what I've found on the site. I too have suffered with joint pain, numbness and tigling in the hands, espaecially overnight and in the morning. I was starting to worry of something more sinister, but the info and experiences on here prove that I'm not alone in this and that my new diet should help alleviate some or all of the symmptoms. the Omega3 suggestion is certainly one I'll take up as my choleserol is also too high.

Thank you all. Great find this site and very comforting :)

Reactions: 6 people

nancyb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wanted to add that I have been experiencing joint pain and I am NOT taking metformin or statins, so it may be the diabetes/metabolic syndrome itself and not just the drugs.

Reactions: 2 people