Joint Pains

rosenrot

Hi All,

Just got results from my first fasting Blood test and was told it was a bit high(did not get numbers),
I have to go back for a second. Doesn't look too good. Hey Ho
I have self tested on and off with a monitor my friend gave me and it keeps showing figures of around 13 at least 2 hours after eating, 7 before. What I have noticed when the readings are high my joints ache especially around my ankles, heel and directly on the sole of my feet hurt.

Is there a conection or just coincedence?

This has all kicked since I first said hello just over a week ago.

:?

saz1

There may be a link since high blood sugars can make you feel alltogether rubbish. I know a few diabetic people with foot pains when their sugars are high. Yours are quite high, 13 2 hours after eating especially since the peak should be around 1 hour after eating and should never go that high anyway. If you look at NHS guidelines, they say 11 as a maximum random result means diabetes diagnosis and as a result that is pretty high. I would say that you should aim to have peak results of up to 6.9 max, someone else may say lower than that so now is time to decide what you want to do about it.

I was diagnosed only about month ago and my fasting results were 16.3 and 14.7 or there abouts and now I'm teetering between 4.4 and 7.5 on Metformin so there is a huge improvement already. But my aim is to have my sugars down to below 6.9 at all (in reality most) times and I have chosen the low(er) carb way to try and achieve that.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress! :wink:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Don't let them fob you off without Numbers. Medics often think pattients won't understand. If you truly don't, come back here and ask. Someone will explain clearly. I'm pretty sure you have a right to those results. Telling you it's "Ok" or "not Ok" just doesn't cut it.

rosenrot

Thank you Saz1 and Hanadr. :D

When I get my second test on Thursday I will be asking what the
numbers are.

Obviously I need to get these self testing figures down. Having read various posting over the site I realise that results like that can cause damage.

I am in the best place for advice and support. :)

Trinkwasser

This *may* be neuropathy, or it may not

http://www.diabetic-talk.org/dpn.htm

if it is, that may help, but #1 attack is to work on getting those BG numbers down. My neuropathy went away but comes back whenever my BG goes over 8 or so, I suspect from your numbers you are up there much of the day.

FUSILIER

MY blood /Sugar is beteen 6.56 and 6.7 when testing a fasting test.and average of 7.3 after meals
MY problem is Pains in back and legs. OK Iam 83 but the pain is2 killing me slowly. cannot sit cannot stand Anyone else had a problem like that

C

catherinecherub

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain Fusilier,
Have you been to the Dr's to try and sort this out. No one, regardless of age, should have to put up with this. If over the counter medicines do not improve it then you need to see your G.P. Are you taking any statins? These do not agree with everyone and can cause pain for some.
Hope this helps, Catherine.

Voilet

Been there with the leg pains. Bump in a crowded Paris Metro left me with a trapped nerve in my lower back. That manifested itself as leg pains within a couple of days although there was no adverse effect on my back. Took forever to go away but was advised to do without painkillers if I could. The doc did however say that a modicum of the water of life might offer some relief. (Grouse is available fro your nearest ASDA at $7.00 for half a litre!)

Trinkwasser

FUSILIER said:
MY blood /Sugar is beteen 6.56 and 6.7 when testing a fasting test.and average of 7.3 after meals
MY problem is Pains in back and legs. OK Iam 83 but the pain is2 killing me slowly. cannot sit cannot stand Anyone else had a problem like that

That's a doctor job for certain sure. Sometimes people like osteopaths may have a clue or better treatments. May be something like sciatica completely unconnected to diabetes.