Joslin Diabetes Center Medal for 50 years as a T1

K

Knikki

I want to wish you congratulations on getting your 50yr medal, however I can't! How can you be the age you are and not know about Capt. Scarlet (the 'real' one not @Knikki) ?????? :sorry::rolleyes::hilarious:

Seriously, well done!

Because @RAPS_od is from across the pond and apart from Thunderbirds I'm not to sure how other Gerry Anderson programs did :)

Sorry for slight derailment:)

Reactions: RAPS_od

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And there was me thinking Capt. Scarlet was American...........:banghead: but it was shown in the USA.:woot: I'll crawl back under my stone. And yes apologies for the slight derailment too.

dwrp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Interesting. I did not know about life achievement awards like this
At age 8 I started out in DKA Coma told I’d never live past age 30. Just love those Dr’s that are so clueless. This is my 56th year as T1
Congratulations for helping prove how little they knew back in 1964.

Seeps

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Great news and yes well done for all the years you've managed to live, accept and manage life with T1. Inspiring!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I love to read such positive posts, well done all :)

humaject

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
NOT ALOT
How do you get that I'm 51 years this year diagnosed age 13

teddy2702

Hi
I have been a diabetic T1 since 1968 when i was 6 years of age. I received my Alan Nabarro medal for 50 years of living with diabetes last October. I remember my mum weighing my food, sterilizing my syringe and needles. My blood testing machine was huge it was a bit bigger than a video box. Does anbody remember these machines?