Juggluco Wear OS app on the smartwatch

Mr. M

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, sorry, one more about Juggluco. This time on the smartwatch.
I assume that once you install the app on your smartwatch there is no need to take your pone with you al te time.
The watch is getting the data via BT directly from the sensor If I am correct.

At the same time can the Android Juggluco be connected to the sensor as well? Or for that matter the Libe app?
Important, because I need the data in LibreView for the hospital.

Another set up would a Garmin watch connected to the Juggluco app on the phone.

Cheers, Marten

Mr. M

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No experiences here on this subject?
I just got my Watch 4 in this morning. So let's investigate. ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Marten,

I believe the Garmin watch is a “wearable.” You would need your phone tethered (BT wise.) to it in order to take readings reflected on the phone app.

If you can get Juggluco to run with the firmware on the watch? You would still need your phone in range not only to the sensor but the watch too..

There are stand alone watches. I use a Watlaa one. (Running a stripped down version of xDrip.) But I also use a Bluetooth bridge to scan the sensor & send readings every 5 minutes. The sensor via it’s own BT connection talks to my phone. I use the Diabox app on my phone.

Hope this kinda helps. It’s fun investigating & finding out..

Mr. M

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. There is a Juggluco Wear OS version. So I think the watch should be able to work as a stand alone.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. There is a Juggluco Wear OS version. So I think the watch should be able to work as a stand alone.
That sounds great. I just looked up your Garmin 4 watch & it does seem to have NFC.

I’m not certain how the sensor’s BT connection would fair stability wise should you wish to use your phone too?

Let us know how you get on..? I’m always interested regarding different approaches to this tech. :)

Mr. M

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have look at this:

Maybe Neil Pinkett is a member of this community as well?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have look at this:

Maybe Neil Pinkett is a member of this community as well?
I could be wrong. But the chap in the video has his watch tethered to his phone. The watch is fed info from the phone app.? (Probably other apps too.)
Turning the phone of & on again just re establishes the wearable connection?

Which seems to be my understanding. Unless I missed him NFC scan & set up the libre directly to the watch?

Mr. M

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, we will see. Reading the comments:

@neilpinkett So, it's not possible to have only the smartwatch working alone, is it?
@Pol Carmona Catot it does work for awhile, I ve left the phone behind and the watch still shows the BG reading
2 maanden geleden
@neilpinkett what do you mean a while? Can the watch be used as a stand alone? Reading values from the Libra + Mio Mio every 5 minutes.. (Calibrating and activating a sensor through the cell phone But on a daily basis using a watch without the need for a cell phone)

I think the point is the number BT connections.
e.g. I turned off the alarms in the Libre app, so he will try to connect via BT.
Just scanning (NFC) 3 - 4 times per 24 hrs is enough to fill mij LibreView site -> hospital folks)
Than there is the Juggluco app on the phone and the watch.
It is easy to shut down the BT in Juggluco on the phone.

Is that enough?

Marten

Mr. M

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Pages from the creator: http://jkaltes.byethost16.com/JugglucoWearOS/mgdL/index.html
Every sensor has to be initialized by the smartphone version of Juggluco, that sends the sensor data to the watch version. Thereafter, there are two possibilities:

• Keep the sensor connected with the smartphone and sends the data from the smartphone to the watch by TCP;
  • If you have a watch with good functioning Bluetooth, you can also try a direct connection between watch and sensor.

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I realise I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead, sorry, but might as well keep it all together.

As linked in the post above this one, a WearOS watch can act as a "collector" to talk directly to the sensor (i.e. no phone required, aside from starting the sensor then handing control over to the WearOS device, at which point the phone can be turned off and the watch will collect the data from the sensor), though it seems that it depends on some interaction between the sensor and the particular WearOS watch (with around half not working according to the link).

The author of the app uses a Samsung Watch 4, have other people tried to use Juggluco on their WearOS watch, what has your experience been in terms of how many sensors play happily and how often you get drop outs that require the phone to pass the connection back to the watch?

Mr. M

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good question, I still need to try it out. Hope in the coming week.

chris1237

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi guys n girls i cannot find this app on google play for some reason or has the app been removed
thanks

chris1237

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
many thanks for that after reading the forums i discovered it had been remove from play
so thank you again

chris1237

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi just one more thing i dont seem to b able to find the watch face for this ? please could you put me in the right direction
thanks again from Chris

chris1237

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thank you for the reply simon but can someone tell me how to install this on a galaxy watch 4 (basic instructions)
and in a simple language lol as it is a bit confusing to us older people

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I understand the difficulties, I don't have an Android Wear watch though so can't offer you any more advice than that in the instructions - I'd give it a go and see how you get on.

If you're confused by the terminology and want to understand the big picture of what the process is doing then by all means ask here and we can answer

chris1237

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi
yes its the terminology thats doing my head in all i need to know what bits to install for galaxy watch 4

chris1237

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi
yes its the terminology thats doing my head in all i need to know what bits to install for galaxy watch 4
hi every one for some reason my pc (win 10) will not let me instal adb ? i have followed several utube ect instructions but with no luck at all ?
this pc will not have it
any suggestions as i am at a total loss atm
thanks again for all your help here