Juggluco

Henryhoggle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The inside
A friend has recomended I try Juggluco on my Galaxy watch 4. Having read the site I really see the appeal of using it. Does anyone here use it?..and do you like it?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Quite a few people both here and .org.uk.

I used it (alongside L2) for well over a year, until L2 went CGM and then I just used L2. The reason, solely because I use ALL the fileds in the Note record, and Juggluco is a bit clunky for extra stuff. Written my a one-man-band in Holland with the inherent risk (and benefits) that come with that.

As a single point to draw out that shows he uses it himself, not like the Abbott committee team, is scanning pens. L2 stores two records, the air shot AND the real dose. You have to manually go in and alter it. ****!.

The only real disadvantage of using it as the only software, is that if you ring Abbott for support they want to know what version you are running and what the eror log shows.

Using it just for the watch seems a good plan.

Reactions: Henryhoggle

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Perhaps not all that useful re your exact question, but a vote in favour of Juggluco - I don't have an Android watch but do use Juggluco to feed data to XDrip+ (both on my phone), which gives me the 1 min data display (from Juggluco) and much nicer interface (imo) of XDrip+.

I was considering purchasing an Android Wear watch so I could avoid carrying my phone everywhere, but wasn't particularly sold on the battery life and fact that using the watch as a collector seems to be less stable than using the phone. I also already have a perfectly good Garmin watch (and bike headunit) which I use to display BG (via XDrip+ though Juggluco would also work.)

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
I've been using it since December 2022. It just keeps getting better. I have a whole thread about it. Remember on each section there is a help button that explains everything in that section. The developer is responsive to emails too. Updated regularly. I use bugjagger or easy fire tools to port the software to the watch. There's two things thou. 1 you need to use the Librelink app to start a sensor and run it for around an hour after warm up period. 2 you can still get readings from an ended sensor in Librelink. For upto 12hrs with Juggluco. So there's no point when you're not getting readings in the changeover period. Good luck.

Last edited:

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only use juggluco for the purpose of feeding data to libreview and to xdrip.
Xdrip is the one for me then to see all my data and stats.
Can't say I've spent enough time on juggluco to judge fully, but in my opinion xdrip is far superior.

Henryhoggle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The inside
Quite a few people both here and .org.uk.

I used it (alongside L2) for well over a year, until L2 went CGM and then I just used L2. The reason, solely because I use ALL the fileds in the Note record, and Juggluco is a bit clunky for extra stuff. Written my a one-man-band in Holland with the inherent risk (and benefits) that come with that.

As a single point to draw out that shows he uses it himself, not like the Abbott committee team, is scanning pens. L2 stores two records, the air shot AND the real dose. You have to manually go in and alter it. ****!.

The only real disadvantage of using it as the only software, is that if you ring Abbott for support they want to know what version you are running and what the eror log shows.

Using it just for the watch seems a good plan.
Thanks for replying Barry! My reading echos your thoughts too. As you say, the real benefit is deep in the nuances that only a T1D would fully appreciate. Being able to glance at a continuous CGM stream of 'real data' from my L2 to my smartwatch seems really compelling. I'm guessing it would help pre-empt the spikes? Is that your feeling on it?

Also, to your point about there being two readings; I've noticed, what I'm guessing is, 'predicted' readings coming out of L2's sensors. While on the face of it, it seems a great feature, it's not always accurate and on ocassion additional eating(for hypo)...or...manual insulin(for hyper) has thrown me wildly off track.

I'm now thinking perhaps using both LibreLink(for general control)...and also .... a direct-to-watch(for real-data heads up) might be the way forward for me.

Henryhoggle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The inside
Perhaps not all that useful re your exact question, but a vote in favour of Juggluco - I don't have an Android watch but do use Juggluco to feed data to XDrip+ (both on my phone), which gives me the 1 min data display (from Juggluco) and much nicer interface (imo) of XDrip+.

I was considering purchasing an Android Wear watch so I could avoid carrying my phone everywhere, but wasn't particularly sold on the battery life and fact that using the watch as a collector seems to be less stable than using the phone. I also already have a perfectly good Garmin watch (and bike headunit) which I use to display BG (via XDrip+ though Juggluco would also work.)
Thanks Simon. I hadn't fully appreciated the breadth of setups available to us...so your thoughts are much appreciated. I'd noticed X-drop gets a lots of mentions in the US. I've not seen the interface, but like you, people seem to like it, so I'll definataley take a look

Reactions: SimonP78

Henryhoggle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The inside
I've been using it since December 2022. It just keeps getting better. I have a whole thread about it. Remember on each section there is a help button that explains everything in that section. The developer is responsive to emails too. Updated regularly. I use bugjagger or easy fire tools to port the software to the watch. There's two things thou. 1 you need to use the Librelink app to start a sensor and run it for around an hour after warm up period. 2 you can still get readings from an ended sensor in Librelink. For upto 12hrs with Juggluco. So there's no point when you're not getting readings in the changeover period. Good luck.
Thanks for this. It's really helping me build a picture. As you say, it's got a LOT of benefits/features that are genuinely useful. I'll keep researching

Reactions: Ipodlistener

Henryhoggle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The inside
I only use juggluco for the purpose of feeding data to libreview and to xdrip.
Xdrip is the one for me then to see all my data and stats.
Can't say I've spent enough time on juggluco to judge fully, but in my opinion xdrip is far superior.
Thank you. Really useful to know. I'm still researching it..and working out what's best for me. Definately going to take a look at X-Drop too. Juggluco's got a lot going for it...but I feel like I've really got to dig to find it.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for replying Barry! My reading echos your thoughts too. As you say, the real benefit is deep in the nuances that only a T1D would fully appreciate. Being able to glance at a continuous CGM stream of 'real data' from my L2 to my smartwatch seems really compelling. I'm guessing it would help pre-empt the spikes? Is that your feeling on it?

Also, to your point about there being two readings; I've noticed, what I'm guessing is, 'predicted' readings coming out of L2's sensors. While on the face of it, it seems a great feature, it's not always accurate and on ocassion additional eating(for hypo)...or...manual insulin(for hyper) has thrown me wildly off track.

I'm now thinking perhaps using both LibreLink(for general control)...and also .... a direct-to-watch(for real-data heads up) might be the way forward for me.

What I found useful was the two overlay graphs. One is the raw very jagged 1m readings - looks like a mountain range, and if you scan it picks up the smoothed numbers. It does put in perspective the risk of over reacting to the number shown with a quick glance, even on LL. I often see numbers going out of range, then by the time a few more minutes have past the graph goes nowhere near that point.

I know how it works but still to often over react. Today and yesterday are good examples - i’ve been yo-yoing making my own saw tooth graph on LL.:(

Henryhoggle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The inside
Thanks for all the replies. I've been researching various setups since the original post. Upshot is, I'm running Diabox and LibreLink on my old Google 3XL as a burn phone really. I manully NFC scan my Libre once a day and then 'force stop' to push ALL the days data to LibreView for my NHS Diabetes Care to review.

Diabox is mirrored to my Gwatch4, which is working brilliantly so far. Still got things to sort like data and calibrating ,but on the whole, this setup seems to be giving me improved control.