1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Just a couple of squares...

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by wiflib, Apr 21, 2019.

1. sarah_chadwick

sarah_chadwick Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have just discovered that Bourneville do bags of large dark chocolate buttons, I have 8 and suck them slowly so they last, a bag will last a week or 2 as I don't have them every night :)

2. wiflib

wiflib Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Most of us on this thread can’t do that, it’s all or nothing but if you’re going to eat dark chocolate, stay away from Bournville, it’s low in cocoa solids and high in sugar and palm oil.
    I can eat 100% cocoa chocolate, I used to spit it out it was so bitter so now I don't have any. Six would lead to finishing a large bag off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I find the Lindt 85% bitter enough that you can stick to 2 squares but still with a nice chocolatey flavour.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

I find some 85% Lindt bars can be more bitter than others - weird! I've occasionally double checked the pack in case I've accidentally ended up with the 90% stuff instead.

I can usually stick to one square at a time usually after my meal, but in times of severe stress (AKA dire need) I'll polish off half or very rarely a whole bar. But dark choc used to be one of my migraine food triggers so I tend to treat it with very great respect now.

Robbity

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alornamc

Alornamc · Newbie

I'm new to this forum and November will be 2 years, type 2, and no improvement. Trying to diet but have such similar habits, with as sugary and carbs. Started taking chromium 250g last week, and reading up" low carb and how it works

6. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

Hi and welcome.
    Heres a link to the methods a lot of us have used to put our T2 into remission.
    https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/
    have a read around the forum and let us know if you have any questions.. and good luck!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook