just a moan...let off some steam

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have not had any Pasta, bread, sweets, choc, cake, potatoes, Etc Etc NOW for 4 weeks and I am about to explode!!!

I just want to SO SO bad go on a binge..... :(

Tonight I had a Salad with some mattersson sausage and my family had PIZZA!!!!! I could have eaten the LOT...SO though I would come on here and have a MOAN.....Was going to swear BUT thought better not!!!!!!!!!

I WANT NORMAL FOOD ***!!!!

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
I've been there David! All I can say is "It DOES get easier" A rant is healthy mate!! :thumbup:

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
DavideB said:
I have not had any Pasta, bread, sweets, choc, cake, potatoes, Etc Etc NOW for 4 weeks and I am about to explode!!!

I just want to SO SO bad go on a binge..... :(

Tonight I had a Salad with some mattersson sausage and my family had PIZZA!!!!! I could have eaten the LOT...SO though I would come on here and have a MOAN.....Was going to swear BUT thought better not!!!!!!!!!

I WANT NORMAL FOOD ***!!!!

They have Mattesons sausage in Italy? :shock:

sugerfree

my cup off tea with suger,im dreaming about,god i miss so so much,hot weather dark choc ice .god i miss and want ........ .my moan for today :crazy:

tree-peony

Davide, I have some 85% chocolate when I feel like that. It's only about 2g carb a piece and it takes the edge off for me. I also made some low carb biscuits that I keep in an airtight container for dire emergencies. They're about 4g but VERY choclatey.

Having said that I saw some Jubilee Fairy cakes in Tesco that NEARLY went in my basket yesterday :(

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh David I really understand what you are going through. I was fixated on a Baked Potato with lashings of butter and Baked Beans. I would wake up dreaming of having one, then reality would crash in and I would sink into a feeling of total despair. Luckily, 3 months down the line, I have discovered so many alternatives that my old diet now seems bland.

So it does get better. Just hang in there, your health is worth the effort.

Defren

It really does get better. I craved fish and chips with all the yummy batter on the fish <dribble drool> :D Thankfully I never crave carbs any more, so it will get easier.

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thanks guys...Been for a GOOD half hour power walk and feel better..

@ Ladybird64 no they do not have Mattesons in Italy: but last week I drove back to Italy from the UK and brought 20 packs with me, and for the family 60 packs of walkers crisps (wow that was tempting in the car) lost of Cheese, Bacon Sausages, I got a cooler for the car, Branston Pickle, Marmite, Jaffa Cakes, Choc Hob knobs, Choc Digestives, Suger free orange squash and LOADS MORE....And I never had one all the way back....

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Complimenti Davide :D

But seriously..Mattesons sausage when you are surrounded by i migliori salami nel mondo? :shock: :shock:

Stick some formaggio on top along with salsa di pomodori and make your own version..just shove it in the oven. Drool....

No substitute for Marmite or Branston though..love 'em both.

:D

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Hey DavideB
Next time your family wants pizza, just make these and YOU can have them too!!!.
In individual dishes or one large oven proof dish, layer cooked mince that has garlic, red pepper(capsicum) sauce, oregano and thyme cooked in it, with sliced salami, sliced mushroom, diced green peppers, broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower florets, sliced olives and mozzarella cheese or any other low carb veggie options. Last layer should be the cheese and I mix tasty cheese with the mozzarella.
Pop in a hot oven until the cheese is melty and golden.
We never crave a carbohydrate base under our pizza these days..... Yummmmmmmm :wave:

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I ought to feel sorry for you, hmmm, call all that normal food. Sorry to be a killjoy but its all manufactured, try just having the occasional treat. I would love to live elsewhere they eat normal food. Should probably keep my gob shut but feeling bolshy this morning.