Just an update

Mickyb0703

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So following being diagnosed in April I found you guys and after my visits to the nurse and doctor, where I received the standard here is some medication just take that I researched.

Guys thank you so much so I'm doing very low carb and exercising at least 1 hour a day, I make most of my own meals which does frustrate my wife but in 3 months I've lost 3 stone from my starting weight of 18.10.

Had weigh in today and now 15.9 chuffed and set new target of 14 stone for next 12 weeks.

I'm a health care professional and its amazes me even with my weight loss how my colleagues still say it's not the way to go......well ****** them 3 months ago I was posting levels of 25 plus now I'm stabilising between 5-7.

None of my clothes fit me but hey that's a price you pay for getting healthy following years of inactivity.

The best bit of encouragement I have had is from my brother who is a
Fitness freak when he said he was proud of me for losing the weight, I don't see the big changes yet but that must be psychological

Thanks again to all of you for your help and support

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yet another marvellous success story.
Thank you for posting, and WELL DONE for such fantastic results.

:D:D:D

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You'll be touching your toes and they might not be able to see theirs...
Keep up the great effort.
Good on yer.

Mickyb0703

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks the more I research the more I believe the NHS advice is so out of date on nutrition

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
Well done Micky. I will bore you with my story now! I was diagnosed type 2 9 years ago and was told my diet was fine. Never particularly overweight, BMI 21, but medication steadily going up. Was taking 4 X 500 g metformin, 4 X 80g gliclazide and recently 1 x 25g alogliptin as well. Last 5 weeks have ignored the doctor and nurse and been reducing carbs, thanks mainly to this site. Now only take 2 X metformin and 2 X gliclazide. Still enjoy my food, nothing drastic, ff greek yoghurt and berries for breakfast, salad for lunch and cut potatoes from evening meal. It works! Not strong enough yet to give up Saturday night curry so just pop an extra pill then! Still way down on the meds to what I was and it was probably insulin next step. A lchf diet is definitely the way to go even if the docs don't agree. Once I get used to this I may take it a step further, but very happy with results so far. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 4 people

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
It is really good to hear the good out-comes for people, helps me to keep working on my own issues and hoping one day to be able to post something as positive as you have done.

Well done and keep doing what you are because it is working for you.

Reactions: 6 people

Mickyb0703

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi guys sorry I haven't replied sooner but work has been manic, but I'm still going levels today 5 pre and post meals, weight still coming off but slower now but im still happy, continuing with very low carb, and to be honest I'm enjoying, although some foods do set the old tummy into overload usually the chicken stir fry with small amount of soy and tons of veg. My advice what it is worth is find what works for you and try to stick to it, a blip now and again has to be expected ( we're human after all). The results I have achieved have inspired my whole staff( all female) to adopt low carb apart from the 1 diabetic who is sticking with her NHS advice .
Good luck and good health to you all of us and yes I do blame this site for my results so thanks

Mickyb0703

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It is really good to hear the good out-comes for people, helps me to keep working on my own issues and hoping one day to be able to post something as positive as you have done.

Well done and keep doing what you are because it is working for you.

Keep going you will find the right path for you good luck

Mickyb0703

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done Micky. I will bore you with my story now! I was diagnosed type 2 9 years ago and was told my diet was fine. Never particularly overweight, BMI 21, but medication steadily going up. Was taking 4 X 500 g metformin, 4 X 80g gliclazide and recently 1 x 25g alogliptin as well. Last 5 weeks have ignored the doctor and nurse and been reducing carbs, thanks mainly to this site. Now only take 2 X metformin and 2 X gliclazide. Still enjoy my food, nothing drastic, ff greek yoghurt and berries for breakfast, salad for lunch and cut potatoes from evening meal. It works! Not strong enough yet to give up Saturday night curry so just pop an extra pill then! Still way down on the meds to what I was and it was probably insulin next step. A lchf diet is definitely the way to go even if the docs don't agree. Once I get used to this I may take it a step further, but very happy with results so far. Keep up the good work!

Keep up the good work and the odd blip is human