Just diagnosed Type2, almost no advice or help given!

paul a carr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
my current job .sports .
hi all im in my 4th week type 2 on tablets .i found DIABETES UK very helpfull theres a helpline you can call .

vonbon1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being sick 24/7
It does seem sometimes that doctors seem to ignore obvious signs of diabetes. I was blood tested numerous times for diabetes and they all came back in the 7's usually before breakfast. I had boils for 2 years. terrible pains under my feet all put down to my weight. I was told every time that my blood tests came back fine. it was only when I had to see a locum dr that something was done.
He told me that my results had come back the same for over 2 years, so he sorted out the glucose test :sick: that came back 13.4
Type 2 diabetes diagnosed.

I went for a scan on my liver on friday, I was told to fast over night, and was offered breakfast once the scan had been done. Tea and toast :roll: I thanked the lady for the offer but declined. just had an early lunch when I got home.

sometimes we just have to push ourselves forward a little to get things done properly.

As a newbie I'm still learning, taking me enough time learning how to post properly lol. you see this post ened up somewhere other than I expected it oo lol but I'm learning loads, keeping my bg down as much as I can. it's been a month I've lost 12lbs, I got out of a seat and table I usually get stuck in last night :lol:
Big big thanks to everyone on the forum. :thumbup: :thumbup: