just diagnosed

MidlandsGuy

Hi Guys,

I already introduced myself, but i thought this forum applied as well.

I am one of the 800k of those who have probably lived for years with diabetes. It never dawned on me that i could be. Though i have been quiet moody in the past and felt tense and agitated for much of the day until around early afternoon where the issue seemed to ease of. Never thought it could be diabetes related.
To cut a long story short my wife was diagnosed with Gestational diabetes (she is preggers) they gave her a testing kit.
I checked mine out of interest, level was a little high. The rest is history.

Worrying factor for me is when my sugar is normal, i feel hypoglacimic (correct spelling?).

So there it is my story. On a plus side i never cared much for sweet things anyway. Though i like my beer same as anyone else.

Changes must be made, but i see my nurse next week. I look forward to sharing my experience with you all but about all learning about this terrible and nasty illness. I think i have much to read and learn on here.
Thank you all in advance for your help and advice.

Midlands Guy.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi MidlandsGuy and welcome to the Newly Diagnosed Forum. I have given you the basic information for new members on your other thread and I see that you have already read it. Ask as many questions as you need to and someone will help.