just found out im a diabetic.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Dear flojo
As I've said before, you are remarkable for a 10 year old.
If you love Pizza, how about eating the topping and leaving the bread? It's the bread that puts your numbers up. Fats like cheese are NOT BAD for diabetics.

JimmyD

Hi jopar

She is not keen on the injections!!! But I will split them up when having pizza, she loves it so much I don't think she will mind having two.
Thanks jimmyD

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi everyone,
this website (as i have said a million times before!) has helped me a lot. everyone is so kind and i have had lots of nice posts and i hope that everyone well keep posting!
from chloe
P.S. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Rach79

Dislikes
Poverty, violence, manipulative or materialistic people and too much bad weather such as wind and rain.
Hi Chloe, you are doing very well. I also noticed your post about your hypo which I think you treated very well too. I would advise to test yourself regularly.. I know it hurts but it is important. What glucose meter do you have? I have a freestyle light and I'm thinking of getting one which you can test on your arm too which might hurt less. For halloween why don't you try diabetic swiss chocolate -it's yummy for me and I love it. I can get it from Boots pharmacy. Hope you are doing ok :!:

dianab

Hi Chloe,
:D My son who is 15 was diagnosed just over a month ago and like you had so many questions. We are still trying to work our way around diabetes as each time he does a physical activity for the first time since being diagnosed, he checks to see what his sugars are doing. He then uses this information and what has happened to work out his insulin/carbs for the next time.

Something he has found really useful is to keep a notebook where he writes these things down to help him remember what worked well and what didn't until he gets more used to things. He also writes alphabetically the type and amount of food that he has where the package doesn't contain carb information. Some you can find out (like for Sainsburys bakery where you can ask for the nutrition information) or he writes his guess for things he can't find out. Once he's done his sugar test afterwards he writes whether it was just right, too low, or a bit high. He can then use this with his blood readings to adjust the amount of food or insulin he has next time. :D

It sounds like you are doing great and I've enjoyed reading your posts!!

smiley

Hi :D,
im 10 too.what type do you have it sounds like type 1 thats what ive got (type 1) but i've had it for 6years i got it when i was four.My advice is to just grin and always look on the bright side of life (like that old song i actully like that song!!!!) do what you do best and whatever you do dont let it get in your way!!!thats what i did and if you saw me you wouldnt have a clue i had diabetes and another disease i have loads of friend,go to afterschool clubs and hope tro be an actress!!!!!!!!! 8) i mean yeah,okay you go to patrys and see jkids stuffing their face with sweets and at first it just makes you want to cry but whos gonna be healthier andd live for longer?????yepyou. and trust mke there are some good tasting less sugar foods like cadbury light chocolate mouse!!!! :)

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi,ive never met someone the same age as me with diabetes before, its great. i always think if im ever annoyed or upset that there is worse things that could have happend. its true! you sound like a very nice person! i want to be an actress when im older too! i go to drama club after school. :D                                                                   from chloe.