Just got my tee2+

0firefly1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, celery, muesli, to name a few
Just got my tee2 and tried a couple of tests failed miserably 2 times and got it right on the 3rd so I start in the morning

Reactions: Prem51

0firefly1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, celery, muesli, to name a few
I had to use my thumb in the end, my finger did not want to give up the red stuff in any quantity and the bg was 5.8 this afternoon around 4pm only food at 12 noon 10 small cocktail sausage and 3pm was 2 benecol yogurts per pot 12 gms carbs
Chris

TedTomato

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Do you mean a TEE2 blood monitor? I haven't heard of a TEE2+...

It's a good device, but if you don't apply enough blood to the test strips, you will just waste those.

I started with a TEE2 device myself, but have switched since to a Contour Next One device.

You can get one (full kit, including lancing device and case) for free from: https://www.contournextone.co.uk/Register_uk?promo=Web16

s-l1600.jpg

It's quite a significant step up in term of device quality, more accurate than the TEE2, easier to use, can connect to a smartphone, and test strips allow for a "second chance" to apply more blood if required (so very few wasted strips).

Test strips are slightly more expensive to buy, but can be bough from eBay at around £11/£12 for 50...

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You can alter the depth of the lancet if you struggle to get blood. It is also easier if your hands are warm - wash in hot water and rub dry. I also struggle - after 4 years! And I find my thumbs are best, but I do alternate all of my fingers, both hands. You will get the knack.

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
the tee2 plus is the new upgrade of the tee2 from spirithealth i got a tee2 a few weeks ago but when ordering my next strips ordered the tee2 plus as it has bluetooth they sent it to me free also. And just to add uses the same tee2 strips £7.75 for 50

Last edited: