Type 2 Just had a Mike Gibbs start a conversation, don't know who he is, does anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,
Wasn't sure who I shoulds approach with this, just recieved this PM from a Mike Gibbs, SEE BELOW, but he does not appear to be a member, so really not sure how he has managed to contact me and has he contacted other members. Seems someone is selling something?
Neil

"Dear daddys1,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you because I am looking for your help and feedback on a diabetes project that I am working on with a GP from Bath. We understand the huge number of challenges facing people with type 2 diabetes, and we believe that in this golden age of technology, that technology can be used to help make it easier for diabetics to take control of their disease. Whether this is providing increased and sustained motivation, relevant education, an easy-to-use diet/exercise tracker, or collecting data that you can easily present to your diabetic nurse during appointments.

We have a technology team that has designed an initial version of a smartphone application to do this but we are looking for additional input on the project. We are designing this directly with type 2 diabetics like yourself because you are the ones with the real expertise of what is needed to help improve the lives of millions of other diabetic patients, rather than people theorising what could or may help.

If this is of interest then please let me know and I would be happy to send over a short questionnaire to help capture your experience & expertise - I really hope you can get involved!

Many thanks,

Mike Gibbs"

Reactions: 2 people

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi all,
Wasn't sure who I shoulds approach with this, just recieved this PM from a Mike Gibbs, SEE BELOW, but he does not appear to be a member, so really not sure how he has managed to contact me and has he contacted other members. Seems someone is selling something?
Neil

"Dear daddys1,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you because I am looking for your help and feedback on a diabetes project that I am working on with a GP from Bath. We understand the huge number of challenges facing people with type 2 diabetes, and we believe that in this golden age of technology, that technology can be used to help make it easier for diabetics to take control of their disease. Whether this is providing increased and sustained motivation, relevant education, an easy-to-use diet/exercise tracker, or collecting data that you can easily present to your diabetic nurse during appointments.

We have a technology team that has designed an initial version of a smartphone application to do this but we are looking for additional input on the project. We are designing this directly with type 2 diabetics like yourself because you are the ones with the real expertise of what is needed to help improve the lives of millions of other diabetic patients, rather than people theorising what could or may help.

If this is of interest then please let me know and I would be happy to send over a short questionnaire to help capture your experience & expertise - I really hope you can get involved!

Many thanks,

Mike Gibbs"

I received a message, too. However, in my message he was doing a project on prediabetes. Just ignored it.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Me too.

image.jpg

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just in case you haven't already done so I have reported your post to the moderators so that they can see it and deal with it. There is a MikeGibbs on the member list but doesn't seem to have posted any posts so shouldn't be able to PM people.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I received a message, too. However, in my message he was doing a project on prediabetes. Just ignored it.
Thanks for coming back, I want to know how he is 'tagging' us without, from what I can see he's not a member.
Neil

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just in case you haven't already done so I have reported your post to the moderators so that they can see it and deal with it. There is a MikeGibbs on the member list but doesn't seem to have posted any posts so shouldn't be able to PM people.
Wasn't sure how to report to the moderators, but thank you.
Neil

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
i had one too, ignored it.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
I was going to reply.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
He says he wishes me to answer a short questionnaire. At least he can spell it. I replied to say I will do that but not much else. If I have to buy stuff, evaluate a carrpy piece of software etc. I will bail out and let you all know what happened.

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
I had the same post but ignored it - he must have been pretty busy ...

annelise

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was going to reply.

Up to you, at least you will find out what its about, I'm more concerned about the security on the forum, as I cannot see him listed as a member.
Neil

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He says he wishes me to answer a short questionnaire. At least he can spell it. I replied to say I will do that but not much else. If I have to buy stuff, evaluate a carrpy piece of software etc. I will bail out and let you all know what happened.
With that 'Nose' Squire Fulwood' I imagine you could string him along for a while.
Neil

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you search for him without a space .... mikegibbs ......he is there as a male healthcare professional. Perhaps he should have approached the mods first but there is no cause for concern so far.

I remember another healthcare professional that arrived unannounced and got banned for a while and yet subsequently proved valuable to us.

Let's not panic.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I have been able to find a MikeGibbs on the members list and his latest activity was conversation. No posts. Joined 4 Dec 2014.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have NOT been contacted .. So it's not a blanket messaging ... You are chosen .. That's sounding sinister!

Status
Not open for further replies.