1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Just had a Troponin level 41- Heart Related

Discussion in 'Diabetes Complications' started by Chappers2017, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Chappers2017

Chappers2017 Type 1 · Newbie

Hi guys,

I had quite a heavy weekend and have been full on at work. Woke up Monday with chest pains and a pain down my left arm .

Went to A & E and ECG was fine and also blood pressure. However my Trop count was 41 so had to wait for four hours and run the test again, came down to 40 and was told I could leave.

They did a second ECG test and all was ok. Been seen by a GP today and put on. Beta blocker and aspirin. Blood text tomorrow as they want me on a statin and a heart ultrasound to see what the cause was as it’s possibly agina.

I’m 38 in October.

Really feeling scared about the past 48 hours and not sure if anyone has any advice?

Thanks,

Rob

• Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook