Just had my sweep ready for induction on Monday

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi ladies,

So I’m 37 weeks today and iv just had a sweep in the hope it could help .. but the midwife said my cervix is very high and it’s not favourable in her eyes.

I’m worried I’ll have a failed induction on Monday and end up with another c-section.
I’m only aloud 2 pesery’s this time because of my previous section. I had 3 with my son and that really got my contractions going ..

Anyone been induced at 37 weeks with second baby with a positive induction? I’m not worried about having a section I would just love the experience of a natural birth and I want that skin on skin instantly once baby’s born.

Xx

jade88

Hi Madeline,

Good luck for Monday you have done so well to get this far! Looks like I will also be induced at 37 weeks - made it to 38 weeks with first and that experience was very successful!

With my first after being induced I went for lots of walks around hospital and bounced on my ball - I tried to avoid sitting/lying down as much as possible.

Try and stay positive this baby may be different to your first and decide they are ready! Fingers crossed it all goes well and you get your natural delivery! Keep us posted! x

Reactions: Madelinelowery

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck Madeline...so exciting you will soon meet your baby. I am sure they will take good care of you both.