Just my luck or is it ? Hehe.

Bud1979

Type of diabetes
Type 1
In my introduction article I mentioned that I have complications and one of them is blindness but I consider myself very lucky “ in the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king “ so I wear my crown at a jaunty angle. My vision in my good eye is very very poor so I tend to tread lightly and avoid head knocks etc, so what is the worse thing a one eyed diabolic could do ? Yes that’s right, stab yourself in the good eye with a fork, luckily enough it never pierced my eye ball but has done damage, changed my vision, and set me back a lot. The emotional strain this bleak outlook causes is physically destroying, but hey ho onwards and upwards etc, etc, the point I am trying to make is this, many many people ( non diabolics) will excuse us with “ its only diabetes, what you moaning about ? “ . Always remember don’t let these clowns put you off or down. In my local evening paper, the Evening Times in Glasgow there is a article about a woman being branded a liar by a PiP panel because she only has gran mal epilepsy among other issues, but posters are saying “ it’s only a seizure once or twice a week “ etc , this is what we have to struggle against. Power to the Diabolics.

Reactions: Guzzler

Robkww

Take good care of yourself and, in the face of whatever adversity the system throws at you, give them back true grit!

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh my goodness I hope you are ok, that sounds absolutely terrifying! In case it makes you feel better, both my eyes are fully functional but I am constantly putting stuff in them by accident...toothbrush (multiple times), shampoo, toothpaste, my own fingers, bed sheets, and worst of all clothes! Couple months back I somehow scratched my eye with a tag on a jumper that I was taking off...no damage but I had to keep it shut for a day!