Prediabetes Just need reassurance

basten60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An a.d I took 2 years made me constantly hungry. I should have known better so made me prediaetc , high cholesterol hb1c January was 46. But getting tested again soon as I'm sure I am now diabetic. I've sadly ate stacks xmas and still carried on with odd puddings bread wtc. Porridge. But I eased off as I have chronic gastritis stkmach all inflamed. But just lately I eat a bit of dinner not much abd then 4 hrs later hungry again so ate hot x buns!!! For a start too I dont know what's going on inside me and I know I cant eat yogs salmon fats good or bad pnut butter ready meals etc most fruits .rarely beef no pork too fatty.(buns I shiukdnt as fatty and too spicy and high carb but I get so hungry). Also the g.i wants to do a gastric emotying test which will take a while. See if I have gastroparesis even tho not sick physically..I was 12 stone but off the bad med and cut food down till now am 9 half. I look already like a shrivelled prune, si dont want to lose anymore weight. I'm not peeing much despite water as another med I stopped has done something. Onky am and pm but that doesnt mean to say I'm not now diabetic. Also I suffer slow bowel transit and my scan showed all ok except backed up and gas. Gi.thinks they could cause stomach not to emoty quick. But I've been backed up before but never feel full after a meal quick and pain eating everything. Cant eat salad raw food. The bigger the meal say at 5 pm the pain eating starts 4 to 5 hours later. Goes on all evening then. I did check the other night and before bed they were 9 but waking looked ok 5.8. I often pass out if eaten 2 slices bread and sit down. I've stopped rice pasta it's the buns, bread and odd puddings if I go out. !! I am sure I've caused this but I'm also stressed about what's going on and my geown kids have big life issues. I live alone and get down so stupidly sometimes lately eat pain or not. And all the time I'm burning in my back when it starts it worse as my sugars drop. I have no idea but it feel the drugs have messed my cns up. Affected all digestion. I had to come off them last year slowly still on one. So what is the reading for a confirmation of being type 2 please? I'm stupid and worried now . I do know also that people with gastroparesis it can affect their bs etc. Now I've gotta wait minthd for test. Meanwhile wait see now what blood test will be in 2 weeks time..yes I'm know I must cut carbs like bread no more hot x buns but my friend is type 2 and has a slice toast and cereal a.m sandwich ham cheese lunch and all I know he said was a dinner. I cant do this keto thing cos of gastritis etc. No sausages for me! When you do count carbs does that include low on carrots parsnips. I rarely have spuds . I cant do ham cheese so I'm stuck nor dairy. It's a hard one right now as I dont want to lose any more weight and I know carbs keep weight on. I had pancreatitis years ago but no cause found. Pain years and pancreas ok still. Blood january were ok. A recent pee test as had an infection blood leukocytes protein I'm sure if there was sugar in it he woukd have said. G.i said not pancreatic insufficiency as constipated rules that out. I check my sugars 2 to 3 hrs after food and when pain at its worst they gone down ok to 5.4 or 6. Of course not with bread pasta so quick. So I guess insulin is working but not well. ?,

Nikki-616

I'm struggling too...I read this week parsnips are worse than potatoes!
I make coconut porridge as coconut flour low in carbs.
I don't buy cakes, sugar or bread so no temptation.
We will beat this!
Sending love and perseverance x.

basten60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry. I have so much all at once.
If I cant eat carbs either now cos of pain so bad eating like I said abd si many other foods then I am alresdy losing weight.
So its good.you dont buy bread any cakes etc sweets ...but does that near you cutting out ALL carbs even parsnips pots carrots,,? Waitning to see if the drugs which affect whole body CNS has caused gastroparesis is frustrating as NHS wait so long. So many issues have sadly hit me all at once coming off them . Gp is useless when try to explain . I know many wont repky to my post as too complicated or dont kniw what to say. That's fine. I guess your type 2 then now? Even coconut causes pain and I have never been a good cook and struggling even more. That's very nice for replying. Keep going and stay well. Thankyoiu

basten60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We will beat this!
We will beat this!
So sorry. I have so much all at once.
If I cant eat carbs either now cos of pain so bad eating like I said abd si many other foods then I am alresdy losing weight.
So its good.you dont buy bread any cakes etc sweets ...but does that near you cutting out ALL carbs even parsnips pots carrots,,? Waitning to see if the drugs which affect whole body CNS has caused gastroparesis is frustrating as NHS wait so long. So many issues have sadly hit me all at once coming off them . Gp is useless when try to explain . I know many wont repky to my post as too complicated or dont kniw what to say. That's fine. I guess your type 2 then now? Even coconut causes pain and I have never been a good cook and struggling even more. That's very nice for replying. Keep going and stay well. Thankyoiu
How do you make coconut porridge please? Would like recipe ?