Just started to test

JimG

Today I ran the first few tests as advised on a linked web site. I am Type 2 on metaformin for the past couple of weeks. This morning whn I woke the first result was 8.7, then I tested jsut before I ate at 11am and it was8.1. Lunch was a couple of boiled eggs and some smoked salmon bites that were bought as a Christmas treat. One hr later 6.8, then another hr later6.7
What if anything does this indicate.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Jim,it depends what you eat in the evening.Do you have your main meal then and at what time? The high morning blood sugar could be due to the 'dawn effect' which causes the liver to dump glucose into the system getting ready for the daily activity.Do you eat breakfast because a good breakfast will tell your body that it is being fed and it with stop dumping glucose .Test just before eating and then 2 hours after ,if your blood sugar readings are similar then you got that meal right.Keep a food diary for a week and record your readings as well and you will soon find out which foods affect your blood sugars.

JimG

Thanks Sue. It was the morning reading that had me wondering the tests that I did for the Doctor in December were reading 10 and 9.7. So it appears to have come down by a couple of points during the two/three weeks that I have taken the metaformin. The other tests today made me wonder whether I was testing correctly as I had eaten and the count had dropped by another 2 points. But I see from what you say that the BS carry over from last night may well be in the system for the first few hours of the new day.
I have started today to try to change my diet. Low carbs for lunch and also for tea(main meal). Will wait and see how this shows up.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I would suggest that you also eat breakfast if you don't already.