Just wanted to rant about my latest Libre sensor

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I put it in yesterday morning and for the next few hours it read slightly (1-2 mmol/L) off. That's ok, it's the first day of a new sensor so I don't expect it to be perfect. After lunch, I had a hypo. My fingerpricks showed 3.9 then 3.2 then 2.8 then 3.9. However, the Libre quickly decided that I was LO. A couple more fingerpricks confirmed that I had clearly recovered from my hypo, with readings of 6.8 then 8.5, but the Libre was still saying LO. In fact, it continued to read LO for about half an hour!

I phoned up Abbott but they refused to do anything about it, and even suggested that since I didn't get the finger prick readings on the Libre blood glucose meter, that they might not be accurate. They also claimed that the sensors were not reliable for the first day of wear (despite their website claiming 99.5% of first day readings are in zones A and B of the consensus error grid. Zone A means within 20% of a fingerprick, zone B means outside that range but would not lead to an incorrect treatment decision.)

Currently collecting more data to prove that my sensor is actually bad before I phone Abbott again to complain.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
When they ask you to confirm the blood glucose meter that you used to check against the sensor, how do they know which one you've used...? ;)