Just what is the point?

rachy0121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being diabetic!!
Sounds like a really motivating GP there. When I told my nurses I had halved my smoking and changed my diet they couldn't stop telling me how well I'd done. Do you not see a nurse at the diabetic clinic? Honestly you sound like you've come such a long way please dont put yourself down !!! Be bloody proud of yourself xxx

johnco

To lose 4 stone while taking `Glic` is really good as it can make you hungry ( as it beats your pancreas into producing insulin).
You`ve done something positive already for yourself so carry on and you will soon have the confidence that you are the best judge of your control.
Arm yourself with more knowledge, some really good books are found on here, this will greatly help in confidence building.

andy williams

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I first got diagnosed as T2 the doctor - an ex Army doctor, knew from my records I was also ex-army. He spoke to me army-wise. He said ' unless you do what we tell you this will kill you. You can listen and do it and you will live a normal life. Or you can be a f**kwit or a smart alec, try and play the odds and this will kill you early. Frankly I'm not *****. It's your life and you can do what you want but don't expect me to bust a gut if you f**lk about. Do you smoke? (I said I did) He pointed at the waste paper bin and said 'chuck them in there and do it now. Why should I bust a gut if you are working against me'. I haven't smoked since (7 years).

He also gave me a big piece of advice several weeks later - 'metformin etc isn't to allow you to continue to do what you were doing before. If you live the same way then ultimately it will fails, as will insulin. You either fight to win or you will lose - not might, will, and like the battlefield it will be messy and painful'

Reactions: 2 people