Just wondering what people eat as T1.5s…

ShelleyDubs

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Disclaimer, I am not a doctor and I may be misunderstanding your situation.

The basal is meant to carry you through when you're not eating, so it's a fixed amount depending on your metabolism. (Note it can change with time.) If you're on a mixed basal/bolus insulin you don't really have any flexibility in carb amounts, as you need the right amount of insulin to cover your basal needs and then you'll have to eat the right amount of carbs to match the bolus that's bundled with that basal dose,

The T1s posting here about balancing insulin to meals are mostly on basal/bolus regimes (or insulin pumps) where they can vary their bolus to match their carb consumption. It doesn't sound to me that you are in that position at the moment.

Maybe you need to remind your doctor that you are now T1 and not T2, and/or ask to see an endocrinologist?

Thank you. Yes, I think you’re right. I need to have a chat with the doctor again. Much appreciate the info and explanation.

Reactions: EllieM and Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I can’t seem to change it on my phone! ‍♀️
Do you use the app or your browser?
If you use the app, you can try logging in on your browser and then tap on your pic on the top right on your screen. This should give you a menu where you can change your Personal Details.

Reactions: ShelleyDubs