Keeping a Libre 2 on arm when swimming/showering

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find that on occasions when swimming or taking frequent showers my Libre 2 starts to come away from my skin near the end of the 10th/11th day
I am thinking of trying some tape to hold in place or perhaps an armband. Does anyone have any experience of using either and do you have a preference. Thanks

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I always use this over my sensor.
It usually stays on for the full 14 days, occasionally I need to apply a new patch halfway through.

upload_2022-4-6_20-43-35.jpeg

Last edited:

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been using Hypafix for a different purpose (never thought of using it to hold a Libre it place) and wanted to relay my recent experience.
I ordered a new box/roll from eBay. I was careful to check the reviews of the vendor and that they are UK based. All looked good so I was disappointed when the parcel arrived. They had posted Mefix instead of the Hypafix that was in the picture and description.
Unfortunately, Mefix uses a water soluble glue so not great for holding something in place in shower or pool.
Moral of my story is to take care when ordering cheap Hypafix.

Reactions: scoop

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use these from Amazon when I go swimming

Attachments

• AE080BF5-1C9E-46BC-9135-43002B6CF97C.png
    AE080BF5-1C9E-46BC-9135-43002B6CF97C.png
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 119

Braye

I find that on occasions when swimming or taking frequent showers my Libre 2 starts to come away from my skin near the end of the 10th/11th day
I am thinking of trying some tape to hold in place or perhaps an armband. Does anyone have any experience of using either and do you have a preference. Thanks
they have patches on Amazon