Keeping BluCon on

Westley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've recently got a BluCon (to send the results from my Libre to my phone via bluetooth without scanning), and was wondering what others find the best way to keep it on?

Using KT tape works, but having to keep peeling it off for showers gets a bit of a pain. I've also tried cutting up a sock and using that as an armband, but it tends to roll up.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, @Westley , glad to see you back, I remember you posting a while back, and thanks for the tag, @Mel dCP .

To be honest, I just ended up using a plaster, it's a bit of a pain but is what it is.

A few people have posted about how they've bought a small heat-sealing device for plastic bags and sealed the blucon up inside that. I've been tempted to give that a go.

Ambrosia brought out a waterproof version a few months ago, haven't tried that.

There's a newer transmitter out now, MiaoMiao, from a Chinese company, it's waterproof, I've got one sitting on my sideboard, haven't tried it yet.

Reactions: porl69

Westley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks Scott,

I'll be interested to hear how the MiaoMiao compares.

There are things I don't like about the BluCon, like the bulkiness, but it's been great to have the alerts and no awkward scanning.
I didn't have much luck with the official Ambrosia app, but XDrip+ works very well.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use a 3D printed strap that goes over the Libre though I found I had to put a square of Rock Tape over the Libre to avoid the plastic irritating the skin on my arm. This lets me take it off when I need to and I don't tend to find it uncomfortable or bulky even when lying on my side.

I got it from here.