keto-diet-

P

pollensa

Interesting, especially, so, for the fact it seems I am one of the "rare" occasions when skin rash can take place i.e as article quotes
Although rare, the keto diet can also trigger prurigo pigmentosa, or as some call it, keto rash. The irritation is characterized by itchy, red pimply bumps on the back, chest or neck, and there are several theories about what causes it, including that when the body goes into ketosis, it can trigger production of acetone in sweat, which acts as an irritant.

This is exactly what I experienced, common sense kicked in and realized that due to the sudden change of diet not to be unduly concerned, put down the rash which cleared up with creams in few days, during the rash period, simply introduced a few more healthy carbs, not potatoes, rice, pasta or bread, and it cleared up immediately. Todate, I have not experience this type of rash since, and I am still following keto diet, without any problems and although this seems possiblity and burp in dramatic change of diet to a system, on the negative side, on the positive, I feel great, energized and fit following the keto eating plan recommendations.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers

Interesting, I'm pretty sure that my teenage acne had more to do with raging hormones (those were the good old days LOL), than what I ate. My memories of food in those days was a lot of bread, potato and rice, not a great variety of vegetables and very little dairy.

Edit: Just noticed bulkbiker's comment. Yes, well worth reading the comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen