Keto, minerals and oscillating blood pressure

Rosalie_900

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to know if anyone is taking mineral supplements containing sodium in tablet form on a ketogenic diet. If so what do you take and how much?

Secondly I would like to know if anyone has problems with swinging blood pressure - from high to low - whilst on a ketogenic diet and adding salt.

I suspect I am very salt sensitive (maybe also exercise sensitive). I can quickly go low salt and get the shakes and feel terribly lethargic and have to crash out and lie down. It can come on quite suddenly and alarmingly, but is cured by taking salt. This occurs despite adding plenty of salt to food. Incidentally I do exercise daily: aqua or HIIT.

My blood pressure seems to roughly follow my salt levels going rather high when I am “salted up” and quite low when I am low in salt. Again this can change quite quickly.

I have started taking one potassium and magnesium tablet (Kwai blood pressure) and 4x rapid rehydr8 tablets in a morning (containing sodium and other minerals). I also add plenty of salt to food (as much as I can tolerate). I feel fine on this and it is preventing the awful “wipe outs”. I am not worrying too much about my blood pressure at the moment but will need to review it.

I know everyone is different but I would be very interested to know if anyone else is in this position and how you manage it please.