Ketogenic diet: Post your keto recipes/what do you usually eat on keto

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i am learning to and in a way its very enjoyable. Not knowing how to cook for me means my food always turns worse than i imagine but like you said in time ill get better. It also means 1.) not talented enough to cook different variety especially for a somewhat new diet for me like keto,2.) i have never been a kitchen person mostly ate at work cafetteria or what my family made or ordered out so its a life style change which i am finding out i enjoy.

An air fryer, particularly one with shelves, rather than a basket, is your friend!

Johosephat

Not an everyday meal obvs, but I've made a keto chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting for an occasion recently, and it was amazing. Everyone else was non-diabetic2/non-keto and really liked it.

I am in no way a baker either, so it's fairly idiot proof as well.

I can't post links, but it was on a site called Chocolate Covered Katie (sounds dodgy, but I promise it's not).

Reactions: Speedbird

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not an everyday meal obvs, but I've made a keto chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting for an occasion recently, and it was amazing. Everyone else was non-diabetic2/non-keto and really liked it.

I am in no way a baker either, so it's fairly idiot proof as well.

I can't post links, but it was on a site called Chocolate Covered Katie (sounds dodgy, but I promise it's not).

FWIW that site has some good recipes. There's a chocolate brownie recipe on there that I've made a number of times. Everyone here likes it but graciously they leave most of it for me. :)

WAGR57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found this one works for me. It's a crepe of sort.
2 eggs , 1 TBSP heavy cream, 1 TBSP flour(optional, I find the flour helps the texture), Sweetener of choice(I'll use a couple drops of Stevia or tsp of swerve icing sugar), 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp baking powder. For the filling use warmed up berries of choice (1/4 to 1/3 cup). 2 Tbsp of cream cheese(room temp.) and 1 TBSP heavy cream mix the two well and sweetener to taste.

Method: Blend the eggs, cream, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, sweetener( I use a stick blender in a glass measuring cup(2 cup) blend well. In a 8 or 9 inch fry pan (med heat) add butter so crepe won't stick. when the pan is hot add the blended egg mixture covering the bottom of the pan then cover with a lid. Don't lift the lid for 3 to 4 minutes, it's cool the the crepe rises to about 2 inches high. Check the top of crepe with finger if nothing sticks to your finger the crepe is cooked. No need to flip the crepe. with the crepe on a plate spread the cream cheese and add the warmed berries then fold or roll the crepe. It's ready to eat.