1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Ketogenic diet: Post your keto recipes/what do you usually eat on keto

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Drfarxan, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

An air fryer, particularly one with shelves, rather than a basket, is your friend!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Johosephat

Johosephat · Member

Not an everyday meal obvs, but I've made a keto chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting for an occasion recently, and it was amazing. Everyone else was non-diabetic2/non-keto and really liked it.

I am in no way a baker either, so it's fairly idiot proof as well.

I can't post links, but it was on a site called Chocolate Covered Katie (sounds dodgy, but I promise it's not).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Roggg

Roggg Type 2 · Well-Known Member

FWIW that site has some good recipes. There's a chocolate brownie recipe on there that I've made a number of times. Everyone here likes it but graciously they leave most of it for me. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. WAGR57

WAGR57 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I found this one works for me. It's a crepe of sort.
    2 eggs , 1 TBSP heavy cream, 1 TBSP flour(optional, I find the flour helps the texture), Sweetener of choice(I'll use a couple drops of Stevia or tsp of swerve icing sugar), 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp baking powder. For the filling use warmed up berries of choice (1/4 to 1/3 cup). 2 Tbsp of cream cheese(room temp.) and 1 TBSP heavy cream mix the two well and sweetener to taste.

Method: Blend the eggs, cream, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, sweetener( I use a stick blender in a glass measuring cup(2 cup) blend well. In a 8 or 9 inch fry pan (med heat) add butter so crepe won't stick. when the pan is hot add the blended egg mixture covering the bottom of the pan then cover with a lid. Don't lift the lid for 3 to 4 minutes, it's cool the the crepe rises to about 2 inches high. Check the top of crepe with finger if nothing sticks to your finger the crepe is cooked. No need to flip the crepe. with the crepe on a plate spread the cream cheese and add the warmed berries then fold or roll the crepe. It's ready to eat.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. chabelymusicmomma

chabelymusicmomma · Newbie

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook