Ketone meter

grante

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can anyone recommend a ketone meter please.

Thank you

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can anyone recommend a ketone meter please.

Thank you
I have a meter but if I could afford it I might have invested in Ketomix which analyses the breath rather than requiring a finger prick and continued purchase of test strips. Heard it recomended by either Dr Mercola or the author of Keto Clairty in their books on the topic...

Reactions: grante

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Mojo has a new meter and if you join their start up Club the strip are $1.00 US per strips. That’s the best price I’ve found. Don’t know what shipping to the UK would be.
I also have the Optium Neo because the strips were cheaper to buy from Australia than anything in the US. This was purchased before Keto Mojo existed.

Lina333

If you can't decide what ketone meter to buy, I recommend to read a review on https://productadvisor.com/best-ketone-meter/. It helped me to find out that there are three kinds of ketonic meters: blood ketone meters, urine strips, and breath analyzers, and understand the difference between them. Personally I chose Precision Xtra Blood Ketone Meter as it is supposed to be the most accurate. Hopefully, this information will be useful for you!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a meter but if I could afford it I might have invested in Ketomix which analyses the breath rather than requiring a finger prick and continued purchase of test strips. Heard it recomended by either Dr Mercola or the author of Keto Clairty in their books on the topic...
I've got one of the original standard blue Ketonix which were a fair bit cheaper but more basic than the current models. Although the initial outlay can be high it's a one off cost so they can very soon pay for themselves. As far as i can remember now mine cost around £75.00 which has worked out at around £1.50 (so equivalent to about 1 and a half ketone blood test strips?) a month for my four years worth of use. :wideyed:

Robbity