1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Ketones and steroids

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Aknitty, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Aknitty

Aknitty · Member

Hello
    Has anyone had ketones related to steroid injections in pregnancy? Am only 0.6 but unsure how I will be treated as blood sugar readings are okay.
    Thanks

2. Cocosilk

Cocosilk Gestational · Well-Known Member

Not to steroids but while eating low carb I saw ketones up to 4mmol a couple of times with blood sugar at 6 or 7mmol.

My OB said it's T1s who have to watch their ketones more than gestational diabetics so he wasn't worried.

Most other nights I had ketones around 1mmol by morning if I stopped eating by 8pm and just ate meat and vegetables for dinner, and maybe lunch too. But not necessarily a completely carb free day.

It's much easier to make ketones while pregnant. Breastfeeding can do it to you as well.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook