Ketones and steroids

Aknitty

Hello
Has anyone had ketones related to steroid injections in pregnancy? Am only 0.6 but unsure how I will be treated as blood sugar readings are okay.
Thanks

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello
Has anyone had ketones related to steroid injections in pregnancy? Am only 0.6 but unsure how I will be treated as blood sugar readings are okay.
Thanks

Not to steroids but while eating low carb I saw ketones up to 4mmol a couple of times with blood sugar at 6 or 7mmol.

My OB said it's T1s who have to watch their ketones more than gestational diabetics so he wasn't worried.

Most other nights I had ketones around 1mmol by morning if I stopped eating by 8pm and just ate meat and vegetables for dinner, and maybe lunch too. But not necessarily a completely carb free day.

It's much easier to make ketones while pregnant. Breastfeeding can do it to you as well.

LessiePMcCord

I haven't had this experience, but I am interested in how it affects the body during pregnancy. I know that some people use steroids for medical purposes, but in my case, I use them for muscle growth and physical performance improvement. My nutritionist told me about the possible side effects of steroids, so when I'm pregnant, I'll stop taking them. In addition, after a course of steroids, I will need to undergo therapy to restore the balance of my hormonal and immune systems. You can read more about this here steroidcycle.org. But I can say that knowing all the risks I went for it because I really want to have a beautiful shape.

Last edited: