Ketones on my tests

RichPJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All, im still learning about everything i have and i may be reading more than i should. I still have high BS (between 18 to 26mmol) and the diabetes nurse is having me test 6 times a day at the minute. My question is about ketones - on probably half my test it comes up with a ketone alert and on the other half it doesnt - is this somethging to worry about?? thank you

Sean-W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
It's different for everyone. I remember getting the same kind of high result at my GP diagnosis. I was whisked straight to the diabetes clinic at hospital and placed on a series of medications and plied with so much water I felt like I was passing the Atlantic. It's best to consult with your medical team as everyone's levels mean different needs and outcomes

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All, im still learning about everything i have and i may be reading more than i should. I still have high BS (between 18 to 26mmol) and the diabetes nurse is having me test 6 times a day at the minute. My question is about ketones - on probably half my test it comes up with a ketone alert and on the other half it doesnt - is this somethging to worry about?? thank you

Hi Rich. Those high blood scorers can't be much fun, for sure.

When you say on half your tests you're having a ketone alert. Are you testing for ketones when this happens, or is it a sort of alarm on your meter, reacting to your high blood score?