Keytones

hi i have had keytones for like a week. i went to hospital when they appeared in the morning of sat 16th march as the keytones were present at 5.4, i didnt have dka,,, the lowest theyre gone all week is 0.1 but iv just done a test now and theyre back to 3.4 i feel like utter **** and could really use some help... i dont know whether to ring the nhs direct line again or not...

i dont have a diabetic team. i dont have any help from anyone atm other than family. im waiting on an appointment with my gp to ask for help but thats in another 3 weeks...

can anyone help i dont know what to do now the keytones have risen again. :( :cry:

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Give them a call, and see what they say. It's better to be safe than sorry and if you have to goto hospital get them to write to your gp to get you in sooner.

Kelly :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

thank you ill see what they are in a little while then i might :/ its just i have no way of getting to hospital unless i ring my mum and knowing us end up in an argument :( which really isnt what i need atm

Sam

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
When you call them tell them you have no mode of transport in theory they should send a minibus/ambulance to get you and either see a dr there or straight to a'n'e if needed.

Kelly :)

okay, iv just done another test to see how levels n everything are. my blood levels are off the scale, and the keytones have risen by 0.1 so theyre 3.5

i dont know whether to ring now or in a little while

sammybabe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do ring them but id go to hospital if i were you ketones work on a traffic light system and thats a red that means hospital hope that helps

sammybabe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If in doubt go and get checked i personally would especially if your bgl is sayin HI as that means your sugars are above 33.3

im waiting for an out of hours gp to ring me. im not aloud to sleep and they dont recommend more insulin. and i gotta ring back if i feel any worse or anything changes. i feel like im gunna be sick and that i could sleep for a century :/

hope it isn't :/ iv been trying hard this week.. trying to get myself sorted. hopefully I'm fine but this is the second time in less than a week so i dont think its good....

keeping me at home. telling me to do insulin and drink more. and just put up the long acting i don't think he actually wants me to do more short acting?! it doesnt make much sense to me! gave me a number to ring if i need help tomorrow.