Kidney/liver scan

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
So today I've got to go and have my kidneys and liver scanned to check they are not damaged at all.
1 have to fast for 6 hours before hand so can only eat this morning up until 8.10, so will have to skip lunch just before getting in the car to drive to the hospital.

Last couple of mornings my fasting reading have been high enough that with breakfast as well, I'd still be ok until after my appointment.

So what happens this morning - wake up this morning at 6 feeling all clammy and test my blood to find its at 3.8 - great!!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is the stress, I bet.

Is it rising or falling? I see from your profile that you are on metformin and gliclazide.
Did they give you any instruction on skipping them (particularly the gliclazide) while fasting?

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I had something to eat straight away and tested again and I am back up to 6, have now just had my normal breakfast as well so hopefully will be ok, they did t say about not taking meds, they would have been a wise move, if I'd thought of it before taking them just now lol. They have said if I have to eat to drive then I could have a slice of toast, or black coffee with sugar Yuk, hopefully having had 2 breakfasts Il'll be fine