Kidney Pain

Snichy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been diagnosed T2 in the last few weeks and prescribed Metformin 3 x 500g per day. As soon as I started taking them I had back ache (which isn't uncommon for me) but it hasn't gone away and I'm inclined to think it might be my kidneys rather than my back. Anyone had any experience of this? Is it metformin related or maybe my transition to LCHF diet, or maybe a coincidence?

I should add my full bloodworks including kidney function came back fine when I was tested on diagnosis. BP and cholesterol slightly high but nothing major!

Reactions: Winnie-the-Pooh

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been diagnosed T2 in the last few weeks and prescribed Metformin 3 x 500g per day. As soon as I started taking them I had back ache (which isn't uncommon for me) but it hasn't gone away and I'm inclined to think it might be my kidneys rather than my back. Anyone had any experience of this? Is it metformin related or maybe my transition to LCHF diet, or maybe a coincidence?

I should add my full bloodworks including kidney function came back fine when I was tested on diagnosis. BP and cholesterol slightly high but nothing major!

Hi there Snichy

I have never taken Metformin, so I don't have any personal wisdom to offer you, but this post will bump you up the recent posts lists, for increased visibility.

I'd just as a couple of things. Are you taking enough liquids on board these days, and are your water works otherwise OK?

Sounds like a chat with your Doc or Nurse would be worthwhile.

Reactions: Winnie-the-Pooh

Winnie-the-Pooh

Hi,

I’m feeling the same .Did u get better?