Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Blimey what a find
that was the only test for me .
at PALINGSWICH HOME FOR DIABETICE CHILDREN IN KING STREET HAMMRSMITH
if we were in blue but ORANGE the riot act was out
but after a year or two we had to wee about 20 mins before as guess what the urine may have been in body for over 6 hours or more gave false result so that was one step close to getting a more accurate result
HI GRANT see you are still rolling along , me old MATE .
me 2021 got LYMPHOMA OVER 40 DAYS IN ADDENBROOKS just two major ops KEMO but still about sugar used to find the gremlins bad bits and then zapped
all the best to ALL VIC .
66 YEARS ON INSULIN

• Friendly
Reactions: Lainie71

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
Blimey what a find
but after a year or two we had to wee about 20 mins before as guess what the urine may have been in body for over 6 hours or more gave false result so that was one step close to getting a more accurate result

My God, that sounds terrible! When I read this, my brain paints terrible pictures. Glad you handled it.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Blimey what a find
HI GRANT see you are still rolling along , me old MATE .
me 2021 got LYMPHOMA OVER 40 DAYS IN ADDENBROOKS just two major ops KEMO but still about sugar used to find the gremlins bad bits and then zapped
all the best to ALL VIC .
66 YEARS ON INSULIN
Hi Vic, sorry to see you've been through the wars yet again. You're a true fighter! Hope you keep the gremlins away for many years to come. I am going to Addenbrooke's on Thursday, so will send them your best! Keep well!

amin13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I recently discovered that I have proteinuria, I had urine test strips and they showed a value somewhere between the norm and the first green square, which was designated as 0.1 g/l. Scared, I did a protein analysis in daily urine, the protein value in urine was 36.9, which is higher than normal, and the daily concentration was 45mg/day which is absolutely normal. I turned to a nephrologist and he said that this was the first stage of nephropathy and prescribed me half a tablet of perindopril a day. I'm a little worried that this drug lowers blood pressure because my blood pressure is 110/65. Also, when I asked the nephrologist if I needed to change my very protein-rich diet, he replied that there was no need, kidney ultrasound was also absolutely normal.
I don't know at all how to react to this news. On the one hand, I understand that "a little nephroprotectors will not hurt you" does not mean "your kidneys will soon fail", but on the other hand, I feel sad. Of course, almost 20 years of diabetes cannot pass without a trace.
I probably want moral support more than help in understanding what is happening, because I trust a professional doctor. Just tell me if you had something like that and how it ended

I just did my ACR test a week ago and mine was very high 750, every now and then I feel thirsty every now and then and also having a back pain around my left kidney.. I’m scared

• Hug
Reactions: jjraak and EllieM

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry to hear this @amin13 Have you seen anyone about the pain? If not, I'd suggest you ring 111 for advice or go to A&E, if the pain is intense or getting worse.
Have you spoken to anyone at your drs about the test result?

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM and Antje77

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
It’s well known that for over 30 years my blood sugar control was pants and i mean the bug huge bloomers that Victorian lassies use to wear, yes I had an amputation , heart attack etc etc , but up until I had my leg amputated and got sepsis my kidneys were fine , I lived for 10 years with my kidney function at 15 % or less now it’s at 8 % and I’ve just started dialysis , I suppose my point is protein in urine doesn’t automatically mean chronic kidney probs . I now have stage 5 CKD and it took sepsis to get it even with pants control , am I bothered ? Answer most definitely NOT, just another badge to add to the blanket, I’m getting treated but people who are fantastic , I’m feeling fine I can still get about , I’m not housebound I’m living I’m breathing and that’s all that matters , I never ever worry as it achieves absolutely hee haw so I don’t waste my energy achieving nothing. Diabetes is a hard illness to live with that is true but please please please don’t think it’s the end cos it isn’t and I am living proof that it isn’t .