1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Kidney/Stomach/Gland Issues

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by GeordieMark88, Sep 21, 2020.

1. GeordieMark88

GeordieMark88 · Member

Not sure if this is related to my diabetes or not to be honest.

It all started several weeks ago when I started complaining of stomach, side and lower back pain and the doctor found blood in my urine.

I was treated for a UTI & then kidney stones. Several weeks passed and I was sent for a CT scan. Three days later the GP rang.

They found inflammation around/of the kidney and the glands in my stomach are enlarged.

Within two days, I’ve attended the surgery for urgent bloods, an examination of my other areas to check glands, e.g neck, groin and armpits, she said she couldn’t feel anything.

I’ve got a second CT scan booked in, this time to look at my chest, stomach and pelvis and an appointment with a consultant at the hospital.

All of this is taking place within a week and a half of the GP calling with the original CT results.

No one is letting on about anything and I’ve no idea what the speciality I’m been sent to does, so I’m scared and anxious with the quickness and lack of information.

• Hug Hug x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook