Kidneys

rebetic

Is there any way to prevent nephropathy before happening? And is there any obvious symptoms? Should i take any meds to prevent it or what

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Is there any way to prevent nephropathy before happening? And is there any obvious symptoms? Should i take any meds to prevent it or what
The best "medicine" is keeping your blood sugar levels as best as possible - easier said than done where stress, bugs or disease is concerned. I had nephthropathy from 1973- 2013 and would not have known for 38 of those years had each hospital not said "You are passing protein in your urine." In the final 2 years I had frequent attacks of gout and cellulitis - a sure sign. I now have a pancreas and kidney which were both transplanted in 2013. Don't wish it on yourself!

Reactions: rebetic

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Keeping your bloog glucose and blood pressure as healthy as possible seems the way to go for prevention. As for symptoms, your regular blood and urine test should warn you if something seems to be the matter.