Kids Packed Lunch Box

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Facebook group “low carb lunch box hacks” has lots of ideas. Closed group so you should be able to find it to join in order to see them. It’s run by ditchthecarbs.com which is another good resource.

Reactions: Listlad

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was looking for a section for parents of children that do not have diabetes that might well do in the future. But unless I am missing something there isn’t one. Would it not be a good idea to create one, given the adverse national stats on children and diabetes?

My thread was aimed as much on intergenerational equity * and health, as on lunchbox content.

* WHO - transmission of health risks across generations.

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Facebook group “low carb lunch box hacks” has lots of ideas. Closed group so you should be able to find it to join in order to see them. It’s run by ditchthecarbs.com which is another good resource.
Thanks. I shall look at that.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got that. Thanks.

I don’t want the little one coming across as odd so the strategy will have to err towards a lower carb lunch box.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You have control over breakfast, by giving your child a filling high protein cooked breakfast (e.g. omelette, kippers, high meat sausages etc) they will not want to eat as much while at school
A filling breakfast seems a good idea but kippers for a small child - really?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A filling breakfast seems a good idea but kippers for a small child - really?
:D She wouldn’t eat them, I know. Unless of course she was starving.

I used to quite like a kipper bap now and again.