1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

L-Arginine supplements

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Wurst, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Wurst

Wurst Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Anyone ever taken L-Arginine supplements? I’m currently trying everything to self heal a CSF leak to avoid being hospitalized again at the end of the month. I read L-Arginine can help repair the dura.

I took it for a week and could not believe the impact on my BS. I was flatlining :) I currently I have to lay flat as much as possible. No exercise , which was how I kept my BS under control for the last ~ 7 years.

I eventually stopped taking as I had a stomach upset and sore throat, which I thought could be related to the supplement.

Anyone have any experiences of this?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook