1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Labour!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Moosh97, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Moosh97

Moosh97 Type 1 · Active Member

Hi All!
    I was just wondering how all you lovely ladies labour went. I should be getting my labour date on Monday and I gotta say I'm nervous! This is my first and last baby
    Would anyone be able to share how their labour went, I'm mixed about how I deal with pain and I'm worried about not being able to deal with pain very well so hearing your lovely stories would help me a lot!
    Thank you so much!
    Moosh x

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

NHI @Moosh97,
    I cannot directly relate to labour as a male but I wish you all the best.
    Why do you say it is your first and last baby??
    I am told there are lots of helpful things to help with labour pain, there for you to request.
    Now hopefully that I have posted all those mothers will come out of hiding to wish you well,
    share their stories with you and give you lots of tips !!
    Best Wishes !!!:):):)

3. Moosh97

Moosh97 Type 1 · Active Member

I've only ever wanted one baby, and me and my partner have both agreed about this and thank you for the wishes :)

4. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Moosh97,
    Of course you and your partner and entitled to your wishes and decisions !!
    Having your partner with you to support during your labour is said to be very important.
    Even if he finds you use a few swear words he has never heard you say before !!

5. Major Buckmaster

Major Buckmaster Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have 2 of em...

One c section and one natural. Just take the gas and air and keep breathing. You’ll be fine.

When you’re in it, you deal with it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Eveytoz

Eveytoz · Member

I had to be induced with first child but ended up emc and had planned c section for second. I had a lot of gas and air and painkillers during first labour it was hard going! Wishing you all the luck just take whatever they offer you I also had epidural

7. mytype1.life

mytype1.life Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Best of luck! I’ve not got it yet but I’ve had this book recommended by a friend in relation to positive mindset during labour - Your baby your birth by Hollie de Cruz

8. mytype1.life

mytype1.life Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Best of luck! I’ve not got it yet but I’ve had this book recommended by a friend in relation to positive mindset during labour - Your baby your birth by Hollie de Cruz

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook