Type 1.5 LADA never below 7 BGL - Does this damage body?

SheilaN

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Giving out personal information on the internet because it leaves me vulnerable in my personal and professional life.
Hi,
Although I am myself a type 2, my partner is a LADA. His blood glucose never goes below 7, despite 500mg of diabex. We are both on an extremely low carb diet and do a modified fast twice a week (around 500cals). In between we eat plenty of meat, fish, fat, nuts and low carb vegs. We go on long walks and recently went snow skiing. My BGL has gone down to normal, but my partner's, although it does not go much above 8.5 during the day, never goes below 7, even after a fast day. Will this failure to come down lower damage his body? Does it affect his nutrition? I keep wondering whether he would be better off on insulin.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is he on insulin?

What meds does he take? How was it determined he's type 1 ( LADA)

Nick78

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed with lada may 2017 was put straight on insulin nova rapid and lantus i have been having complete oposite bloods always seem low have the onset of a hypo most days i dont take the nova rapid unless urgent and only take the lantus now and again spend more time eating glucose tabs n fizzy pop than anything else ,im having a bad time with nerve neurophy aswell even though my bloods are either spot on or on the low side struggle to sleep lower legs and feet feel like they are burning all the time doctor and diabetes nurse not been much help like they dont really know whats going on any body else have same issues thanks